Welcome to our website. Please note, this site is still under construction and new material will be added soon.
The Canberra & Queanbeyan ADD Support Group (ADDACT) is a member of SHOUT Inc (Self Help Organisations United Together). SHOUT was established in 1981, during the International Year of the Disabled. SHOUT Inc brings together Self-help groups who are made up of people who share the same predicament, concern or life experience.
ADDACT meetings are held at the Canberra College - First floor, 2 Launceston St, Phillip ACT 2606,(follow the signs with our logo). Meetings are usually held first Sunday of every Month, 2pm - 5pm, (unless otherwise specified). We try to have a guest speaker at meetings; otherwise we will have a chat session where people can talk about specific problems and issues in a round-table discussion. We did trial extra meetings for parents and an adult social group but these were not well supported, however, if there is interest, we'll give them another run. If you can't make the meetings and need to talk, pick up the phone and ring us.
Our aims and objectives are to create community awareness of the condition by providing:
- Access to information and reference material
- Support and sharing experiences, e.g. parenting or school issues
- Newsletters - minimum of four a year;
- Reduced rate of entry into seminars on the subject;
- Extensive Library which also includes videos & audio tapes;
- Qualified speakers who understand about ADHD;
- Advocating on behalf of ADHD families e.g. with politicians or government;
- Making available a telephone support service and, in some cases of crisis, instant support;
- Providing a sympathetic ear;
- Sharing experiences;
- Information gathering;
- Networking with other groups.
Give yourself permission to not go it alone. Join a support group, it is difficult trying to raise an ADHD child without support. Get to know other parents kamagra online who are or have been facing the same challenges as you are. Exchange ideas and stories and learn to "be there" for each other. For more information on news and events please click here